Using all Sources for sucessful Advertising Campaign

One of the photos that are available to purchase from my website Silver Springs Covered Bridge, Pennsylvania
Destroyed during a flood. This bridge is no longer standing.

If you have a product to sell you have to get creative in marketing the item. For example I am trying to sell photos. Sometimes you have to go offline and sell to really make a profit.
Since my photos are mostly from Pennsylvania, that is where I want to target. With living in a different state makes it more difficult to do. But there are ways around this.

With a small marketing budget, I thought of many different ways that I can get the word out about my website without breaking my budget. One way I can easily do this is to make business cards to hand out - which really won't work being out of state. But I can donate photos of the images to auctions and fundraisers that are going on in Pennsylvania. This will not cost me a lot, but the payback should be great. When you donate some merchandise usually your name and website will be in the program as a donation. The base prices on my donations won't cost me a lot, and I have have the items shipped from the website to the places that are holding auctions.

I try to place at least one donation to several auctions and fundraisers every year. I find that this is more effective then doing Google AdWords, and other paid advertising online. With the market already saturated with older photos, it's hard to make sales. But getting the word out to my target audience is the key to being successful.
Not only can you donate items to auctions, and fundraisers, if you have a unique item you can make flyers and post in the area you want to sell your items. Writing to newspapers and having them write a story about your business is another great way to get the word out. I had several newspapers articles written about the photos, and seen a huge increase for the website.

Linking to other sites like yours is another way to drive traffic to your site. I am linked to several sites that constantly brings in visitors. I try to keep my website updated with adding new photos all the time (I have over 25,000 to choose from).

I write many articles about the structures that I have photos of. I research them and write the articles that I submit to Associated Content, hubpages, and squidoo. I also maintain a blog that updates news about the photos that I have. While all of these are free advertising, it does help with sales.

I found that if you contact the organizations that have the people interested in your item, and make several well thought out donations for them to sell, this is the best advertising that you can do. Sometimes doing everything online isn't the best way to make sales.

Making sales is difficult when you have things to sale that isn't hot and in demand. But with a little effort and thinking outside of the box, you can make the sales and increase your profit.

No comments: