Got Spare Change?

I put spare change in a 5 gallon plastic water bottle every night. I never use change when making purchases just for this very reason. Today I went to the local Coinstar machine and cashed in for a whopping $27.34. That means $27.00 goes staight to the 10k savings account, the 34 cents is back into the container to start the next round. I was at the Coinstar website and found out they charge 8.9 cents out of every dollar to count the coins. While I am cheap, it is still worth it to me to have them count it. Coinstar does have a new program that is free you get gift cards from them instead. Thy offer gift cards for Amazon.com, Borders books, Itunes, Circuit City, Pier 1, Old Navy and AMC Theaters.

This sounds like a great way to get Christmas gifts without stressing in November and December about money. Saving coins year round isn't all that painful, actually I never really miss coins at all. I have been doing this for years and banking the money. While my coins are mostly pennies it still adds up quickly.

No comments: