Finding Money I already have

I smoke - Correction - I used to smoke. I am now a non smoker for 3 hours and 25 minutes. After being a smoker for 30+ years, this is going to be a huge challenge.

Now it sad to realize that I only reason I quit smoking is to save money for my goal, but I did just that. My doctor has been after me for years to quit smoking, but I didn't. Now it's time. Oh I have quit many times, then went back this time there is no going back.

So to figure out the savings for my goal, Cigarettes are an average of $3.95 a pack here, I smoke about 2 packs a day, (wow! I may not even want to see how much this comes up to)

$ 7.90 a day
X 30 days in a month
__________
$237.00 a month
X 12 Months/ Year
______________
$2844.00 YEAR

WOW! I spent that much money a month to die younger? Was I crazy?
Well, if you include gas to go pick up the cigarettes (yes I did go to the store just to buy cigarettes, in all kinds of weather!)

I can honestly round this up to $3000.00 towards my goal.

So out of my paycheck every week I will deposit 60.00 into savings (including the gas I spent) I just set up with my bank to withdrawal that amount and put in my new savings account I opened last Friday for my trip.


Goal $10000
Quit smoking $ 3000
Balance $ 7000


No comments: