Why you should always have a backup plan

This is why everyone should have a plan B. Just in case Plan A doesn't work out.

As you know I have another website that I have thousands of photos hosted at. They are hosted at Smugmug. I love Smugmug they make it so easy to host the photos, and to sell them. I have been there 2 years. You can customize your photos, and it's so easy and convienent to use. I have been very happy there. The only good thing is if I get rid of smugmug the website domain name is mine.

But tonight I learned that none of my images are shown in Google Image search. That's not good for me. I need the images shown there, I have some photos that no one else has of certain bridges. I have photos shown on other sites, and those ones are showing, but my photos on the main site isn't.

Now comes the dilemma. What to do about it.

Answer: I have no idea what to do about it. The photos are keyworded, but for some reason smugmug and google don't play well together. So I may have to find new place to host the photos. I am open for suggestions!


I didn't plan to use Plan B. Infact I didn't even make a plan B. Now I'm scrambling to get a plan B in the works.

So Lesson of the day:
Always have a backup plan. Do this ahead of time, so you don't have to scramble at the last minute to figure it out - research ahead of time when your not stressed out.

No comments: