When a simple ideal gets complicated

I'm sure that everyone had an idea that sounded real quick and easy to do, but to find out that it's really more complicated than it sounded. How do you manage to complete the project in time, without going crazy?

Right now I am doing calendars of my photos. The photos were already restored, basically all I have to do is upload and add a caption. How easy does that sound? Well, somehow I managed to complicate the whole process. While, I have over 25,000 photos to find the perfect photos trying to find 13 photos for a catagory is a nightmare. I have noticed that I have a lot of the same photo taken over many years. But not enough of one subject to make a calendar that shows the object over years. So it is taking me about 3 hours to do one calendar, which isn't what I thought that it would. Am I ready to quit the calendar idea? Yup, sure am. But instead I'm trying to stay positive and focused on getting it done.

To get an overwhelming project done, you just have to break it down into smaller tasks, make yourself a TO-DO list and cross it off as you get the task done. I found this to be effective. I can tell by my TO-DO list that I have made progress, and feel better about going ahead with the project. I had set a goal at the beginning of the week, which I don't think that I will make, so I just modified the timeframe, and will eventually get it done. Once I get this project figured out I think it will go easier, just trying to get it figured out to get a system going is the hardest part. Which Is where the list is making it easier, I know what I want to accomplish, and how to get to that goal.

Well It's back to the calendars.

No comments: